Catering Services - Zero Waste Events
The Sink Gourmet is capable of making your event as "green" as you would like. Our common business practices are very "green" to begin with and continually getting better. If you have certain standards you would like your event to meet, we would be happy to help you meet those.
Some of our environmentally friendly practices at The Sink include:
- Seasonal, locally produced vegetables
- Organic and locally handmade breads from Breadworks
- Grass-fed, Colorado beef from Lasater Ranch in Matheson.
- We compost all of our food and plate scraps
- We are 100% wind powered thru wind credits
- We use low flow water fixtures
- We use efficient lighting
- We recycle our fryer oil into bio diesel
- We recycle glass, paper and plastic
We believe in sustainable practices because it is the right way to conduct ourselves, it is not a marketing gimmick. Our sustainable practices create better tasting, fresher food for today and tomorrow. The Sink has been an institution for nearly ninety years, we understand longevity and how we got here. Providing a good product and treating people like you want them to come back enables us to stay in business. Treating our planets’ resources responsibly ensures they will be there tomorrow as well.